Transition Management, Master
- to analyse transformation processes in the background of economic-, politic-, law-,agricultural as well as environmental relevance and to understand the correlation between these subsystems in the process of social change
- to develop decision making abilities in the interdisciplinary context and to solve practical problems by using integrative management approaches with pronounced leadership skills
- to design, implement, evaluate and interpret complex interdisciplinary research projects and to give application-oriented policy recommendations
- to plan, develop and implement transformation-relevant projects and programmes and to analyse the problem situations with regard to different aspects and consequences
- to develop, negotiate and communicate solution strategies and procedures with stakeholders of different professional and cultural backgrounds
Qualification aims and educational objectives
- Advanced knowledge in transformation-, development- and agricultural economics and the management of transformation processes on micro- and macro level, including business administration.
- Knowledge of fundamental methods and concepts in political and law sciences. Ability of systematical analysis of transformation processes, organization and institutions in the international, national and regional context.
- Methodological knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research, statistical and mathematical methods and their fields of applications on relevant areas.
- The ability, to transfer subject-specific questions in models and to formulate those models properly, as well as dealing with different positions on a science-based fundament
- Specialisation by the choice of master thesis, internship and profile modules along agricultural-, environmental- and nutritional sciences
- Practice-oriented knowledge in initiation of projects, definition of goals and results, management, modification, validation and evaluation of projects.
- Key qualifications like organisation-, communication-, negotiation- and leadership skills, intercultural competences and teamwork ability.
Further Information: http://www.uni-giessen.de/cms/fbz/zentren/zeu/lehre/Master
Studienfeld(er) / Schwerpunkt(e)
Zugangs- und Zulassungsvoraussetzungen
- at least a Bachelor in agriculture, nutrition, natural or environmental sciences, economics, law, or political science with an ECTS grade of B- or higher and 180 ECTS credit points (or an officially equivalent accepted academic degree)^
- a good level of English (written as well as spoken) is mandatory. Accepted as language proofs are: 550 points in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or 7 points in IELTS Academic Test (International English Language Testing System).
Hochschulweit geltende Fristen und Termine
Weitere Ansprechpartner findest du hier!
Den gesamten Studentenservice findest du hier!
Hochschulstandort des Tages
Alle Hochschulstandorte anzeigen