Roads to Democracies, Master of Arts
- Short CV with photograph in English
- Certified copies of your university entrance certificate (e.g. Lisesi Diplomasi + Ösym, West African Senior School Certificate, Secondary School Certificate, Highschool Diploma, Baccalaureat etc.)
- Certified copies of university certificates, university diplomas with transcript of records and certified translations, if applicable
- Language certificates (when students have obtained a BA degree from a university where the language of instruction was English, this needs to be certified by the university)
- A letter of motivation in English
- A first draft of research ideas for the applicant's potential Master's project in English. A confirmation of authorship needs to be signed and attached to the document
- Two letters of recommendation
Start of studies: Winter term
For winter Semester please apply until 15 July.
For applicants from outside the EU, who require a visa: please apply until 15 May.
In the M.A. Roads to Democracies students have the option to study abroad at one of the selected partner universities in Europe. These universities are:
- University of Bologna (Campus Forlí) in Italy, School of Political Sciences
- University of Coimbra in Portugal (Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Economics)
- Uppsala University in Sweden (Department of History)
- University of Palermo in Italy (International Relations)
- University of Piraeus in Greece (Department of International and European Studies)
No tuition fees are charged at the partner institutions during the studies abroad. The study abroad period can be funded through the Erasmus+ programme. Application deadline is 10 January. Only students enrolled in the programme can apply for a semester abroad. The semester abroad is usually scheduled for the third semester (Winter Semester).
Was versteht man unter "Roads to Democracies"?
The M.A. Roads to Democracies is research-oriented, international and interdisciplinary. It is offered by the Departments of History, Political Science and Sociology. Further partner universities are involved in the context of student exchange. The program aims to provide students with analytical tools and theoretical knowledge that help to understand and explain the interrelation between institutional structures, political processes and the social and cultural foundations of democracy. The interdisciplinary curriculum focuses on political, economic, social, and cultural aspects of democratic ideas, institutions and structures both in and outside of Europe.
Quelle: Universität Siegen vom 23.11.2018
Studienfeld(er) / Schwerpunkt(e)
Zugangs- und Zulassungsvoraussetzungen
2. A very good command of English (usually equivalent to Level C1 of the CEFR)
Start of studies: Winter term
HINWEIS: "NEWSLETTER FÜR STUDIENINTERESSIERTE"
Abonnement unter www.uni-siegen.de/zsb/newsletter
weitere Informationen zum Studienbeitrag
Hochschulweit geltende Fristen und Termine
Gilt für Studieninteressierte mit AHR (Bitte beachten Sie bei Fachhochschulreife oder als "Beruflich Qualifizierte/r" die gesonderten Fristen und Bewerbungsfverfahren)
gilt für zulassungsfreie Studiengänge
Weitere Ansprechpartner findest du hier!
Den gesamten Studentenservice findest du hier!
Hochschulstandort des Tages
Alle Hochschulstandorte anzeigen